Kuchai MRT station is an elevated MRT station in the suburb of Kuchai Lama in southwestern Kuala Lumpur.
The MRT station is one of the stations being built as part of the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) project on the MRT Putrajaya Line.
|Stations for MRT Putrajaya Line|
|Chan Sow Lin|
|↱ ⇄ Chan Sow Lin|
|Bandar Malaysia Utara (provision)|
|Bandar Malaysia Selatan (provision)|
|Taman Naga Emas|
It started operations on March 16, 2023 as part of Phase Two operations of the MRT Putrajaya Line.
The MRT station is surrounded by residential neighborhood, shops and small and mid-size enterprises (SMEs). Some well known landmarks nearby this station are Ajinomoto Factory, Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park and Residensi Far East condominium.
Park and ride facility is available at this MRT station.
Some of the nearby attractions of the MRT Station are:
- Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park: A commercial hub that offers a variety of shops, restaurants, cafes, and services. It is located within walking distance from the station.
- NSK Trade City Kuchai Lama: A hypermarket that sells groceries, household items, and other essentials. It is also within walking distance from the station.
- Pearl Point Shopping Mall: A shopping mall that features a cinema, a bowling alley, a karaoke center, and a hotel. It is about 3 km away from the station and can be reached by bus or taxi
- The Scott Garden: A mixed development that consists of a shopping mall, a hotel, and serviced apartments. It is about 4 km away from the station and can be reached by bus or taxi.
✭ Want to see more pictures? Check out more pictures taken during the construction of Kuchai MRT station.
Location of MRT station
Kuchai station is located on, and named after, Jalan Kuchai Lama, narrowly missing Old Klang Road and Taman OUG, and is near the Kuchai Lama exit 907 of the Besraya toll road.
Around this MRT station, you can find these nearby attractions within short walking distance.
- 1 Hotel Kuchai Lama
- 6129 Kopitiam Restaurant (六一二九美食中心)
- Arte Condominium Kuchai Lama
- Bakery Garden Cake House
- Big Nose Restaurant
- Citarasa Seafood Market Steamboat
- City Centre Columbarium Kuala Lumpur (CCCKL)
- Dataran Silaturrahim
- DC Club Restaurant & Bar
- Dian Xiao Er BBQ Steamboat
- Far East Residensi
- Fifth Avenue Club Kuchai
- Golden Palace KTV
- GS Club – Golden Sun Restaurant
- Hailam Vege Kopitiam Kuchai 海南頭素食咖啡馆鸿图园
- Hiong Seng Restaurant (香城杂菜饭)
- Holiao Noodles 優麵小舖
- Hotel Lotex
- Jin Xuan Hong Kong Restaurant | Kuchai Lama
- Kuchai East Residence
- Lai -Lai Desserts 來來糖水
- Love Inn Boutique Hotel
- McDonald’s Kuchai Lama
- MinCott Hotel
- Mr. DIY Kuchai Lama
- Nguyen Phuong Cafe
- Nirvana Memorial Center 富贵纪念馆
- NSK Trade City Kuchai Lama
- Orange Hotel Kuchai Lama KL
- Park N Ride Kuchai
- Restaurant Leong Wei
- Restoran Ful Lai 富徕點心
- The Leafz Condominium
- Toh Guan Bak Kut Teh 桃源肉骨茶
- Wine and meat friend @ Kuchai Lama 猪朋酒友
- Xiao Jun Noodle House 小君麵館
Note: This is an ongoing update. More places will be added soon.
Entrances and Exit
Kuchai station has only one entrance / exit at the moment.
The entrance A is located along Off Jalan Kuchai Lama and it provides access to the Jalan Kuchai Lama, Feeder bus stop, Taxi and E-hailing lay-by, and Residensi Far East.
Facilities and services
Kuchai station provides following facilities and services at the station for the convenience of the passengers.
- Feeder Bus
- Public Toilets
- Ticket Vending Machine
- Customer Service Office
- Park and Ride
- Island Platform
The following disabled-friendly facilities can be found at the Kuchai station.
- Ramp access
- Tactile tiles
- Braille for the lift buttons
- Low counters for wheel chair users
- Low lift buttons for wheel chair users
- Disabled-friendly toilets
- Staff at stations to provide assistance
Park and Ride
At the Kuchai station, 262 car parking Lots are available at this facility.
The Park and Ride facility at the Kuchai MRT station is operated by Taha Meera Enterprise (+6017-2708900).
The parking rates for MRT user are RM4.30 (per day per entry) and RM11.00 (maximum per day / overnight charges). The parking rates for non MRT user are RM3.30 for first hour and RM1.10 subsequent Hour, and RM11.00 (maximum per day / overnight charges).
The Parking rates for motorcycle is RM1.10 per entry per day at all Park and Ride.
Free first 15 minutes of parking charges (passing through) at all Park and Ride. Standard rates per hours will apply after 15 minutes for Non MRT user.
For Park and Ride user, please use the same Touch ‘n Go card for parking and train for RM4.30 per entry charge on the same day.
The same Touch ‘n Go card must be used on your return journey from the MRT Station to the Park and Ride.
You must leave the Park and Ride within 2 hours of exiting the MRT station fare gates.
Hourly parking rates per hour will apply if you re-enter and exit the same station without using the train.
If user park beyond 12.00 midnight, the “Maximum Per Day / Overnight Charges” will apply on top of previous daily charges.
Read more on Park and Ride facility at Kuchai MRT station.
|Kuchia MRT station|
|Location||Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur|
|Lines||MRT Putrajaya Line|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||16 March 2023|
|Owned by||Rapid Rail|
|Reference||Kuchai MRT station on wikipedia|
MRT stations of MRT Putrajaya Line
The MRT Putrajaya alignment spans a total length of 57.7km, consisting of 44.2km of elevated tracks and 13.5km running through underground tunnels. It has 39 operational stations of which 30 stations are elevated stations and 9 underground stations.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: