Kentonmen MRT station is an elevated MRT station that is built to serve the suburbs of Taman Bamboo, Taman Eastern, Taman Kok Lian, Taman Impian and Taman Rainbow in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The MRT station is one of the stations being built as part of the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) project on the MRT Putrajaya Line.
|Stations for MRT Putrajaya Line|
|↳ ⇄ Kampung Batu|
It started operations on March 16, 2023 as part of Phase Two operations of the MRT Putrajaya Line.
The MRT station is located on Jalan Ipoh as well as being named after the Batu Cantonment Army Camp, or Kem Batu Kentonmen in Malay.
The design of this MRT station is quite unique as only consist of one elevated platform level and two side concourse access area from two exits.
✭ Want to see more pictures? Check out more pictures taken during the construction of Kentonmen MRT station.
Location of MRT station
Kentonmen station is strategically located near landmarks such as Bamboo Hills and Cantonment Exchange Complex.
Around this MRT station, you can find these nearby attractions within short walking distance.
- Ah Chang Bak Kut Teh 阿昌肉骨茶
- Bunk & Bilik Hotel @ Jalan Ipoh
- Chinese Temple 龍顯堂 (观音庙)
- Dar Soo Vegetarian Cuisine
- Desa Alpha
- Hup Kee Seafood Restaurant
- HYT Eatery Enterprise 四海食面家
- Kondominium Seri Anggun
- Kuala Lumpur Homestay KLCC View
- Pelangi Indah Condominium
- Restaurant Hong Kee Bak Kut Teh
- Restaurant Sin Seng Hin
- Restaurant Sun Kar Hee (新嘉喜)
- Restaurant Uma Rani
- Sri Intan 2 Condominium
- Taman Bamboo Neighborhood Park
- Taman Rainbow Park
- TG Club 银河天使夜总会
- Villa Angsana Condominium
Note: This is an ongoing update. More places will be added soon.
Entrances and Exit
Kentonmen station has 2 entrances.
Entrance A is located near to Taman Rainbow and Taman Eastern while Entrance B is placed near to Taman Bamboo.
The entrance A is located along Jalan Batu Kentonmen and it opens access to the Park and Ride, feeder bus stop, Taxi and E-hailing Layby, Jalan Ipoh (east side), Cantonment Exchange Complex, Kem Batu Kentonmen, KTM Batu Kentonmen, Taman Rainbow, Taman Eastern, Taman Impian, Desa Alpha and Seri Anggun Condominium.
The feeder bus serves at the feeder bus stop located at Entrance A.
The entrance B is located along Jalan Cenderuh 2 and it provides access to the Bus stop, Jalan Ipoh (west side), Jalan Cenderuh, Bamboo Hills, Taman Bamboo, Pelangi Indah, Sri Intan 2 and Sri Intan 1 Condominiums.
Facilities and services
Kentonmen station provides following facilities and services at the station for the convenience of the passengers.
- Feeder Bus
- Public Toilets
- Ticket Vending Machine
- Customer Service Office
- Park and Ride
- Side Platform
The following disabled-friendly facilities can be found at the Kentonmen station.
- Ramp access
- Tactile tiles
- Braille for the lift buttons
- Low counters for wheel chair users
- Low lift buttons for wheel chair users
- Disabled-friendly toilets
- Staff at stations to provide assistance
Connection with KTM Komuter
The MRT station is within walking distance to, but not integrated with Batu Kentonmen KTM station on the KTM Komuter Batu Caves – Tampin / Pulau Sebang Line.
Park and Ride
Kentonmen Mstation accommodates 165 car parking Lots and 72 motorcycle parking lots nearby the MRT station.
The car park facility is operated by Taha Meera Enterprise and they can be contacted at +(6017)-2708900.
The following are the terms and conditions for the Park and Ride facility at the Kentonmen station.
- Parking rates for motorcycle is RM 1.10 per entry per day at all Park and Ride.
- Free first 15 minutes of parking charges (passing through) at all Park and Ride. Standard rates per hours will apply after 15 minutes for Non MRT User.
- For Park and Ride user, please use the same Touch ‘n Go card for parking and train for RM4.30 per entry charge on the same day.
- The same Touch ‘n Go card must be used on your return journey from the MRT Station to the Park and Ride.
- You must leave the Park and Ride within 2 hours of exiting the MRT station fare gates.
- Hourly parking rates per hour will apply if you re-enter and exit the same station without using the train.
- If user park beyond 12.00 midnight, the “Maximum Per Day / Overnight Charges” will apply on top of previous daily charges.
- The parking rate is inclusive of 6% SST tax as required by the government.
- Park at your own risk. Lock vehicles and remove valuables. The management is not responsible for any loss or damage.
- For any enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the appointed operator: Taha Meera Enterprise at 017-2708900.
- Information may change depending on MRT Corp.
|Kentonmen MRT station|
|Location||Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Lines||MRT Putrajaya Line|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Parking||Available, paid parking|
|Opened||16 March 2023|
|Owned by||Rapid Rail|
|Reference||Kentonmen MRT station on wikipedia|
MRT stations of MRT Putrajaya Line
The MRT Putrajaya alignment spans a total length of 57.7km, consisting of 44.2km of elevated tracks and 13.5km running through underground tunnels. It has 39 operational stations of which 30 stations are elevated stations and 9 underground stations.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: