Kuala Lumpur Sentral / KL Sentral, or Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur, is developed as the state-of-the-art transportation hub for Kuala Lumpur’s integrated rail transportation, seamlessly links all urban, suburban residential, commercial and industrial areas.
The Kuala Lumpur Sentral / KL Sentral stands at the core of the 72-acre KL Sentral Development along Jalan Damansara and Jalan Travers and it is well situated at the heart of KL Sentral Center Business District (CBD).
- From KLIA / klia2 to KL Sentral
- KTM Intercity
- KTM Komuter
- KL Monorail
- LRT Services
- KLIA Ekspres and KLIA Transit
- Bus services and Taxi services
Check out some popular hotels near Kuala Lumpur Sentral / KL Sentral.
Being Malaysia’s largest integrated transportation hub, the KL Sentral accommodates more than 180,000 people on a daily basis – over 60 million annually – making it the integral part of the lives of both Malaysians and tourists visiting the country.
From klia2 / KLIA to KL Sentral
If you arrived at the klia2 / KLIA airport and KL Sentral is your next destination, the following is a list of available transportation options for your review:
- Bus at klia2 – At the klia2, you can take the Aerobus, Airport Coach, or Skybus at Level 1 of gateway@klia2 mall to go to KL Sentral. The journey will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The bus ticket price is RM11 – RM12 per person.
- ERL train at klia2 – At the klia2, you can take the KLIA Ekspres or KLIA Transit train at klia2 ERL station to go to KL Sentral. The journey time from klia2 to KL Sentral for KLIA Ekspres is 33 minutes and for KLIA Transit is 39 minutes. The ticket price for either option is RM55 per person per trip.
- ERL train at KLIA – At the KLIA, you can take the KLIA Ekspres or KLIA Transit train at KLIA ERL station to go to KL Sentral. The journey time from KLIA to KL Sentral for KLIA Ekspres is 28 minutes and for KLIA Transit is 35 minutes. The ticket price for either option is RM55 per person per trip.
Staying at KL Sentral for few nights? review popular hotels near KL Sentral.
The Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur, or KL Sentral, is strategically situated approximately 1.5 km from the South-West edge of the Central Business District of Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia.
The KL Sentral links all major rail networks in the country and offers commuters unrivalled access and mobility for travel within the city, domestically or even internationally thanks to its connectivity with the KLIA and klia2 Airports. Itis designed to house six rail networks:
- KTM Intercity – trains that connect from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, Thailand and Singapore.
- KTM Komuter – Klang Valley electric commuter train servicing Sentul to Port Klang, and Rawang to Seremban.
- RapidKL LRT – RapidKL’s Ampang Line and Kelana Jaya Line LRT systems serve the Kuala Lumpur’s metropolitan area.
- KL Monorail – Monorail service servicing passengers between KL Sentral station and Titiwangsa station.
- KLIA Ekspres – High-speed direct, non-stop train to the KLIA and klia2 airports.
- KLIA Transit – High-speed commuter train service with quick stops to the KLIA and klia2 airports.
And the building is divided into separate sections for different rail services:
- Level One of Transit Concourse for urban public transit services: KTM Komuter, KLIA Transit and the Kelana Jaya Line LRT.
- Level Two of Transit Concourse for KTM Intercity trains.
- KL City Air Terminal (KL CAT) on level one for the KLIA Ekspres, the dedicated fast rail service to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
The Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur accommodates amazing connectivity with direct access to six rail systems and links to major highways.
The Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur has retail and food outlets and a food court.
And there are frequent buses traveling between KL Sentral and klia2 / KLIA airport.
KTM Intercity train services
The KTM ETS, commercially known as ETS which stands for ‘Electric Train Service’, is an inter-city rail service operated by Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad utilizing electric multiple units.
It is the fastest metre gauge train service in Malaysia that currently operates along the electrified and double-tracked stretch of the West Coast Line between Gemas and Padang Besar on the Malaysia-Thai border by Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad.
Read more about KTM Intercity.
KTM Komuter train services
The KL Sentral KTM Komuter station is located inside the Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur (KL Sentral). This KTM Komuter station is a station on KTM Komuter rail network that services Sungai Gadut – Rawang – Tanjung Malim Route and Batu Caves – Port Klang Route.
The KTM Komuter train is available for boarding on level 1 of KL Sentral’s Transit Concourse.
The KTM Komuter trains depart every 15 to 45 minutes and your train platform might be on either sides of the concourse depending on your destination. Read more on KL Sentral KTM Komuter station.
LRT train services at KL Sentral
For ticket purchase, go to Level 1 of the KL Sentral’s main concourse and you will find the ticket counters and ticket vending machines.
You can board the LRT train at the KL Sentral LRT station on level 1 of transit concourse at KL Sentral. Read more on KL Sentral LRT station.
Monorail train services at KL Sentral
The KL Sentral Monorail station is not directly connected to the Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur transport hub. Despite its proximity to the building, passengers must walk a 410-metre path through the Nu Sentral shopping mall.
The completion of the Nu Sentral shopping mall enables customers to walk from KL Sentral to the monorail station safely and conveniently. Read more on KL Sentral Monorail station.
KLIA Ekspres services
The KLIA Ekspres is a non-stop airport transfer that takes you from KLIA Ekspres ERL station at KL Sentral to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA ERL station) in just 28 minutes, and 33 minutes from KL Sentral to klia2! Read more about KLIA Ekspres and complete KLIA Ekspres schedule
- KL Sentral to KLIA – 28 minutes, RM35.00
- KL Sentral to klia2 – 33 minutes, RM35.00
- KLIA to klia2 – 3 minutes, RM2.00
Read more about the KLIA Ekspres ERL station at KL Sentral.
KLIA Transit services
The KLIA Transit provides fast commuter service between KLIA Transit ERL station at KL Sentral and klia2, Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) with quick stops at Salak Tinggi station, Putrajaya & Cyberjaya station and Bandar Tasik Selatan station.
- KL Sentral to klia2 – 39 mins, RM35.00
- Bandar Tasik Selatan to klia2 – 32 mins, RM26.50
- Putrajaya & Cyberjaya to klia2 – 20 mins, RM6.20
- Salak Tinggi to klia2 – 11 mins, RM3.20
- KLIA to klia2 – 3 mins, RM2.00
|Bandar Tasik Selatan
|Putrajaya & Cyberjaya
|See Complete schedule from KL Sentral to klia2
|Putrajaya & Cyberjaya
|Bandar Tasik Selatan
|See Complete schedule from klia2 to KL Sentral
Read more about the KLIA Transit ERL station at KL Sentral.
Bus Services at KL Sentral
The Taxi Services are available at the KL Sentral / Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur. You need to purchase the coupon at the taxi ticket counters then exit Door 2 to use the taxi services.
The taxi counter at KL Sentral operates from 6:00am to 2:00am and the contact number is 03-2274 6634.
Did you find what you are looking for? Try out the enhanced Google Search: